Tuesday, July 15, 2008

MuET Week!~ 7/7/2008~11/7/2008

FYI, MuET is a subject that what Pn. Carol calls 'Higher class English'. English is fun, so I suppose Muet will be fun too. Had lots of fun during MUet together with Pn. Carol when I was still in Seroja, but now its all about homework when you are stucked with Pn. Harminder in Teratai. She has the largest ears I have ever seen in my life~ I wonder if she comes out from the elves fairy tales or what.

I was informed about the MuET week 2 weeks ago. We were supposed to prepare for the MUet drama and we did but after Seroja spiltted into 2 class, Teratai only discussed once on the drama on their own after Seroja and Teratai decided to do their own drama. It doesnt matter anymore when you look at Pn. Harminder's attitude towards us when we wanted to use her period to discuss about it, even if its related to MuET. She must have hated drama very much ~_~

Nevermind lets get back to MUet week.

On tuesday, we had 'Win, draw or lose' and 'just a minute'. I signed up for Just A minute to practice my speaking skills infront of audience. I didnt thought of taking part in 'win, draw or lose' since I dont know how to play that. Fortunately, there weren't enough teams for the competition so they searched for people all over the place. Being on duty in Koperasi together with Sim Wuei, we were invited to join so we were very excited haha. It was easy; you get a question, draw and let your teammate guess. It seems easy, but it didnt turn out well for my team especially when I got the question 'Mission Impossible 3'. Oh my god, what can I draw?! Its really impossible. Maybe I m just not good in drawing, till they cant understand what I wanted them to guess =( I think my team got last in that competition.... The best was still Michelle's team that consisted of Seng Chye, Kentrick and Wai Yan. These smart people from Seroja really amazed us with their drawing skills and teamwork compability so I salute them =) In the end they won and they get to compete with seniors. Wai Yan is really a good artist as her drawing skills were good enough to express what she is trying to let the crowd guess. Although they lose to seniors, the score difference were just 2 so I think they are still kinda good =D

Just a Minute is quite easy yet most of us still failed to control our mouth. The rule is simple: you are supposed to talk on the topic given for a minute BUT you cant say the forbidden word. The word was 'and', a word that everyone use to link up their sentence. The star of this competition were Yong Fei and Sarah as they really can speak without using the forbidden word yet they entertained us with their creative way of speeching haha. Congratz to Yong Fei that has ruled this competition for two years since last year.

We were doing last minute work by planning the drama only on Tuesday so we dont have the time to practice. The script directors were Me, Chee Leong, Shu Ling and Sim Wuei. The main actors were me and Chee Leong. Guess what's our drama theme? The Homo's Life. Yup its a gay story... me and Chee Leong were the gays. Ever since from the start, I had never aimed for the competition but just playing this drama as an entertaining purpose to Form 6 students and to ourselves. In the end, it was gay enough to make them laugh and I felt happy because I achieved the motive: make the crowd laugh as much as possible. I even felt proud when I know that the crowd quiet down just to know what is happening in our drama. The script were funny enough(or probably too gay) till Sim Wuei laugh 'bwahahaha' before she narrate the drama.

On Friday, we had some unexpected seminar talk on 'how to obtain an interview'. It was useful and interesting so I will give the speaker 8/10. After recess, they had taboo running in my class. Its some guessing game again, but this time you can only describe it without face expressions; just words. There are prohibited words too. I took part together with Sim Wuei, Siau Chein and Shatish. Having the experience of not being able to express what I wanna say efficiently, I dare not take on the task of letting the teammates guess so Sim Wuei took the challenge. Unfortunately for us, the words were quite hard and Sim Wuei wasnt able to act for it. Its ok, Sim. Its just a game. As usual, Michelle's team performed well and they managed to drag the game to round three since they tied with Jessica's team for 2 times. In the end they still won. Congratz to Michelle and the gang!~

Overall, I actually took part in every competition that was held without me expecting it. Although I didnt win, I still find it fun and experience learning so I will definitely show myself more as much as possible in the upcoming events and competitions =)

C=_=D, CD

No comments: